Helicopter politics

 First I will remind you that the Ishtar Cycle goes on sale a week from today! 


Now

Verybreifly, why Dawn of the Dead is the best Zombie movie.  

Night of the living dead is a classic. It’s definitive.  You CANNOT dispute this ,and I would not try.

But to me, the most punk rock movie ever made is Dawn of the Dead.  

Why?   The  nihilism, the conflicts between the characters, why people betray each other and along what axis and of course it’s rampant anti consumerism.  These are all big wins for me.  Super feminist for both the direction and the era but not in a happy way that second wavers insist is the Only Appropriate Output.  Many, if not most, American films of he 70s have a lot to say about feminism but this is among the few of the period I would tag as feminist (see also Alien)  It also cheats by being my first zombie movie



Next I am going to talk about Sleepaway Camp. 


Comments

Well trod garden paths

Capsule Review - Trans Dimensional Beings

That rarest of things here, a link post - The Shame of Discussing Childhood Abuse for Queer People and Sex Workers

Do you have a story about accessing sexual, reproductive, or gender affirming health care?