Radical self-love, a love of the game, and the f-bomb: A statement of general positivity.

 Let me harp on this again, the Ishtar Cycle becomes available – or should I say preorders become available – a week from today.  So don’t expect me to shut up about this any time soon.

Cope.

But in this case, I come not for self-promotion, desperate though I may be for it, as for great justice. 

This is true – and pretty difficult if anything is for me to write but, fuck doubts.

Let me be as clear as possible.  Less than a week before submitting The Ishtar Cycle, I gave up. I was certain it was all crap and that I was wasting their and my own time.  

At that time, I anger-wrote this.

 

5.21.21

I can’t write shit tonight.  

I can’t finish a work, a dedicated important work, about sacred sex and divinity when I’m feeling neither.

I mean I can, but it’s called faking it

And I really don’t want to be faking this.

 

THIS IS WHY DEADLINES SMELL LIKE DOG SHIT

 

It took me most of that week to come back to it and only by dint of a long standing attempt to live a life free of regrets.   At some great emotional (as always) I got my ass back to work.  Though even then, my idea of “revising” .. It substantially improved one thing, combined two other things, moved some order around and then my dep brain said STOP And for once I listened.   I’m sure in almost every other corner of the multiverse I punked out and that was that. It can be the hardest thing to push on when you are NOT feeling it, but that is I think almost always the time you HAVE to. 

And how different things would have played out otherwise.

 Because now here, because of those decisions, the Ishtar Cycle is  a week from availability to the general public. This is my first published  (printed) work, and of course my first chapbook.   Many milestones are here.   Almost weren’t but are.

 So, what I am taking away from this and what I’m asking you to take from this is simple and by this point I think obvious to the point of some triteness, but it is heartfelt beyond measure.

 Do not stop writing. Don’t give up.  Whatever the fuck your muse is telling you, DO THAT THTING, be relentless in doing that thing, do that thing for you, and do not stop ever.

 Even if you think it’s shit. Maybe especially when you think it’s shit, see it to the end, stay the course and maintain. 

Let fate decide if it’s any good or not.

 


and now a lovely postscript

Lastly, and this is very unprofessional of me but…whatever. That's never stopped me before, clearly.

Those of you who for some reason write my positivity off as fake or somehow not germane are cordially invited to suck my dick.   Radical self-love, it’s a thing. 

Quick someone call Ms. Manners; Maenad’s is speaking again.

Comments

Well trod garden paths

Capsule Review - Trans Dimensional Beings

That rarest of things here, a link post - The Shame of Discussing Childhood Abuse for Queer People and Sex Workers

Do you have a story about accessing sexual, reproductive, or gender affirming health care?