Letters to Dead People - You were the last person I spoke to you goddam dirty bastard how dare you turn out to be dead

I indicated there might be others.

This one's still fresh.


You were the last person I spoke to you goddam dirty bastard how dare you turn out to be dead

 

Hey man

Your death

I think I got some of it on me

Hey brother

Your suicide

I think you left some of your

Death with me

It’s … not something I need.

No, please, it’s okay. Don’t leave.

Leave your ghost with me

I will try to see to its keep.

Dear Goddess, all this death is starting to get heavy

It wears on me

Is this how we become as thee

Wrinkled and mean

From carrying so many

Dead bodies?

How do you do it?

How do you look so clean? 

I have a message for another

Dionysus

Tell him

The Maenad said FUCK YOU

The mad one will understand I think.

Dio knows I’m blaming the taking

Of (REDACTED) on he, and his blessed

Propensity for drink

Fucking give your drunken whiplash ministrations to me

You …..


Shutting up

on advice of divine counsel

I’m taking a seat

Hollow again

I sit with my pain

Hand her hand

Wishing both that

Our friends were

Still here to play

Never again

Not today sweet lady

We all cradle our little heavy

skull babies in our way

brick by brick

tuck me in

 

 


Comments

Well trod garden paths

Capsule Review - Trans Dimensional Beings

That rarest of things here, a link post - The Shame of Discussing Childhood Abuse for Queer People and Sex Workers

Do you have a story about accessing sexual, reproductive, or gender affirming health care?