Thoughts in the Shower at Four am (from Maenadum vol 1 no 1)

 

Thoughts in the Shower at four am washing the cum out of my hair

 from Maenadum vol 1 number 1


This is one of, maybe, the very first thing I wrote on Xanadu (She is the laptop I have and so the repository of all my dark sorcery).   Despite most of Maenadum 1/1 being stuff I had from the (tiny) scrap apple print run of vol 0 (which is a story itself), a few things I had been writing that year snuck in there when I decided to put these together.   I think this is from January or maybe early February of 2020. 

In a lot of respects the stuff in Maenadum vol 1 one and two feel now like precursors or companion pieces to Ishtar   Who knows? Maybe one day I can fold them in?  .

At any rate, like a lot of my super early stuff it’s very slice of life (something I think I would like to get back to a bit honestly).  And like a fair bit of the material in Ishtar, it speaks about and with the language of sex work, which I have been engaged with in some form or fashion since the mid-90s.  It does so with the frankness that is only possible when you write something without a single thought for publication, it’s just for you.  I didn’t start subbing stuff for maybe half a year after this was written so this very much qualifies.


Comments

Well trod garden paths

Capsule Review - Trans Dimensional Beings

That rarest of things here, a link post - The Shame of Discussing Childhood Abuse for Queer People and Sex Workers

Do you have a story about accessing sexual, reproductive, or gender affirming health care?