Looking Forward (an ironically named retrospective of 2021)

 Regardless of it’s other “interesting qualities,” I have had a mighty fucking year.    With the release of Sub-ether 03 later this month, Dreaming Gynoid studio has released a book a month (at least), each month, all year.   (While this is a fine achievement it is one I note most enthusiastically in the passing. I have no intention of working myself so hard next year thank you very much. Not like this.  Work better not harder.)  With the release of Galaxy Black this year, all of the major books I wanted to do there originally have been done and are out.  

More relevant to this place, I’ve had my words appear in six other publications this year (look left for links).  Come spring I will have work in three different anthologies, including another print book.  I had my first print publication with Lupercalia Press in the form of the Ishtar Cycle  which is – so far – the most important thing I’ve ever written.

It has taken a long long LONG time to get here but it feels really good to be on the other side of this year.   SO MANY XP, it’s been so long since I’ve gotten so many.

So in this moment of indulgence, let's look forward.  I am running out of things on my existential to do list.  I still

  • Need to contribute meaningfully to print journalism  (Proviso – must find a place where that means something.  If it exists.  It may be more necessary to help people to relearn context instead. Unsure.)
  • Space?  Honestly unsure a trip on the blorfcomet is right for me or anyone else. 
  • Unleash hell on those who own the arts. The ivory tower will deny its own existence even as it exiles members for suggesting its existence.  (Known in 2021 as the Barren effect.)   You may not be living up your own ass but you are living up someone’s bungslip

As the holidays swell and all that comes with that, try to be mindful - remember, It is always the bottom of midnight in someone’s life. If not yours, then someone else's.  

Comments

Well trod garden paths

Capsule Review - Trans Dimensional Beings

That rarest of things here, a link post - The Shame of Discussing Childhood Abuse for Queer People and Sex Workers

Do you have a story about accessing sexual, reproductive, or gender affirming health care?