We are not the same

I don’t’ keep track of how many submissions I’ve put out. I don’t GAF. It’s a waste of time and resources that gains me nothing and can offer unnecessary, bullshit setbacks.

I really don’t care about how many you’ve sent out either.

Acceptances? Sure I’m happy to read about those. I can’t be bothered to mention them most of the time, it’s not news, not unless it’s a place I really wanted to see publication in or if I’m _especially_ into the piece.

But I’m here for published work. Unlike, it seems, most of literary twitter, I’m concerned about the end product. Yours and mine. I want to read it.

Prompts are fine. I have not “wondered what to write” in decades, and 99 times out of 100 they are an impediment to my creativity, not a source for it. Square pegs > round holes When prompts are interesting they are interesting to me on their own merits, but in that sense they are like any other source of ideas or inspiration. More often they limit than aid

I do not give two fucks about Taylor motherfucking Swift.

I really hate one-true-wayism. Even in jest. Especially when it pertains to useless bullshit like SPREADSHEETS. I hate goddam spreadsheets – if I can’t see all of the data presented in a single glance, at a size that can be read, it’s useless to me.

You people pick some bullshit hills to die on sometimes

Since apparently I do need to say this, despite the “progressive” nature of this little echo chamber, “Yes, I *am* autistic, and no, I do *not* like spreadsheets. Since one of you WHO SHOULD REALLY KNOW BETTER thought this would make a GREAT joke about how some people are not really Au, you can and are in fact invited to BITE MY ASS.

Especially as you exist in a position where, in some sense, you have power over me, please know you will continue to not hear from me.

Fuck you.


We Are NOT the same. But not for the many, multifaceted bullshit reasons that people have cited.


Please know


I am done peddling your fucking books. Exceptions being friends (actual friends) and anything I actually feel moved to pimp out. Nothing else. IF that’s why you’re here, walk.


If you “are only here for people who only talk about books” Blow. That is not all that happens here.


I am here to speak truth to power. You....count publications.   

We are not the same. 

Comments

Well trod garden paths

Do you have a story about accessing sexual, reproductive, or gender affirming health care?

Capsule Review - Trans Dimensional Beings

2023